Office of Admissions,
750 Agronomy Road, Suite 1601,
College Station, TX 77843-0200
Phone: (979) 845-1060
1. Take an official tour
a. Can schedule online: http://campustours.tamu.edu
2. Sit in on a class, departmental information session, housing seminar, etc.
a. Departmental seminars and housing tours can be scheduled using the regular tour link.
Information on all options here: http://visit.tamu.edu/visitor-center/visits.html
b. Arrange a possible class visit through admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Contact members of the department of your intended major prior to your visit to see if any have a couple minutes to meet with you while you are on campus or any recommendations for you to check out while you are there.
4. Check out the student newspaper
a. Online here http://www.thebatt.com
5. Go to the bookstore and get a pendant/sweatshirt/etc: http://tamu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBLocationAndContactView?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=17552
7. Events calendar – See what’s happening on campus: http://calendar.tamu.edu
8. Eat in the dining hall on campus: http://www.dineoncampus.com/tamu/
9. Record your reflections in a journal (sounds cheesy but will be helpful to you in a couple months)
10. Take pictures, if possible
11. While on campus, chat with current students (or these can be good to ask your admissions officer, if he/she is an alum). Good questions to ask:
a. Why did you decide to attend Texas A&M?
b. What other schools were you considering?
c. What have you most enjoyed about your time here so far?
d. Is there anything you don’t like about the school?